Welcome to Serial-Number-Decoder.co.uk, a collection of serial number date decoders and tools. This project started when I wrote a basic tool to cross reference the serial numbers and the movements on my personal vintage Seiko watch collection. Since then it has expanded to cover my other interests and collectable vintage equipment in general.
It is now one of the most comprehensive sets of serial number decoders on the internet. Aimed at collectors, sellers, dealers and eBayers
, it now covers vintage or antique Rolex, Tissot, Timex, Elgin, Casio, Citizen and Omega watches as well as Gibson, Fender and CF Martin guitars, Roland and Boss (which includes all the old analogue gear and Boss pedals), Kawai and Yamaha pianos, DOD and Ibanez guitar pedals, Hot Wheels diecast models and some electronic component dating tools useful for dating vintage guitars, pedals and synthesizers. Recent additions have been tools to date and identify Apple devices as well as Samsung Galaxy and Sony Xperia mobile phones.
Having a date for a collectible can help you check its authenticity and spot a fake, it can help you with a valuation and can also help you fetch more when selling items on eBay
This site is continually evolving with new manufacturers added and updates to existing model databases .
- Bugfix for Technics SL1200/1210 serial number decoder
- Significant upgrade to the Fender guitars decoder. Added Custom shop, Reissue, CBS era and some serial number quirks. More to come, if your code doesn't work please get in contact.
- Integrated a T-shirt shop of my designs based on some of the items and brands my site covers.
- Added a Rolex clasp date decoder
- Added a Rolex model/movement database to show which movements should be in each model and its earliest date of manufacture based on the movement.
- Bugfix for certain "Made in USA" Fender guitars
- Added a Samsung EAN/Barcode decoder to decode product details and spec of Samsung products including Galaxy phones and tablets.
- Added a Sony EAN/Barcode decoder to decode product details and spec of Sony products including Xperia phones and Bravia TVs.
- Added a new Apple serial number decoder. Decoding all Apple Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac and Macboook devices from the 1980s to present day.
- Significant upgrades to the Casio decoder. It can now automatically identify and deal with the wrong codes entered in the wrong boxes.
- Added new laptop SKU/Part number decoder
- Added new Technics SL1200/1210 serial number decoder
- Added new HP calculator serial number decoder
- Added new Longines serial number decoder
- Added new Breitling serial number decoder
- Added new Sinclair C5 serial number decoder
- Added new Kawai Piano serial number decoder
- Upgrade to boring geeky server stuff. Pages should load faster and be more resilient.
- Significant upgrade to Boss database, now contains over Boss 380 devices.
- Significant changes to the language translation function which has also been rolled out across more pages. The rest will come in time.
- Bugfix on the Ibanez model dater relating to the use of duplicate model numbers on reissue pedals
- Added Omega movement/caliber database lookup.
- Significant upgrade to the Omega model number decoder. It now contains over 1200 specific model codes.
- Added new Citizen watch serial number decoder
- Added 32 missing calibers to the Seiko serial number decoder and pinned down a further 43 end of production dates.
- Added new Seiko birth year watch tool.
- Added protection to stop people downloading and distributing the code, please only use these tools online from serial-number-decoder.co.uk.
- Added new watch battery finder to find the replacement battery type for various watch brands.
- Added "show workings" diagnostics along with significantly improved incorrect format correction of model numbers on Roland
- Bugfix in Yamaha Piano (for pre 1986 Thomaston made Yamaha pianos.
- Bugfix in Roland and Boss decoders so it doesn't attempt to decode invalid serials.
- Added Pots and speaker datecodes (for dating guitars and pedals)
- Localised "value" links so its the correct country and correct currency.
- Removed Ebay ads and added affiliate links.
- Added SSL, the site now runs over HTPS and HTTP
- Added in Boss pedals batch codes decoding (1977-1981)
- Added Jazz chorus production dates to the Roland database.
- The pot and speaker dater is now universal and allows multiple entry
- Improved recognition of incorrectly entered models (Roland and Boss)
- Added pot and speaker dater (for amps, synths and guitars)
- Narrow down Seiko results further using case construction mark style
- Significant improvements to the Seiko decoder's ability to decode movements entered in incorrect formats.
- Added date info relating to the waterproof/resist markings on Seikos
- Added Casio watch serial, batch, and module number dater
- Expanded Seiko movement database and added battery details
- Added Ibanez guitar pedal dater
- Added Omega model number decoder
- Added the 1967/68 serial length change to Seiko decoder
- Added C.F. Martin Mandolin decoder
- Added Tudor watch decoder
- Added Sigma-Martin guitar exceptions to the C.F. Martin decoder
- Extended C.F. Martin decoder to present day
- Added links to Rolex PDF manuals
- Added Fender acoustic guitar model decoder
- Added mobile version
- Fixed "Made in Korea" Fenders
- Added translation options to some pages (feedback welcome)
- Added Omega Speedmaster specific option
- All Boss 6/7 digit formats plus model number cross referencing
- Workings now shown for Boss
- All Roland serial number formats plus model number cross referencing
- Seiko watches added
- Elgin watches added
- Fender guitars now covers more countries
- Gillette razors
- Panerai watches
- Older Gibson guitars via graphical logo and detail identification